Since COVID-19’s arrival, digital engagement has reached record heights among Americans. Although in-person shopping is slowly rebounding, all available evidence suggests that consumer behavior will never be the same. The most recent data shows these lasting digital trends:
- 72% of consumers are now more inclined to shop via social media than before the Pandemic.1
- 68% of consumers are more likely to order food online for delivery or takeout than before the Pandemic.2
- Telehealth utilization is 38 times higher than pre-COVID levels.3
- Ecommerce transactions remain 39% higher than pre-COVID levels.4
These trends speak loud and clear: Businesses that have a commanding online presence are going to win. Period.
EASIER THAN YOU THINK
For many small business leaders, generating revenue via online channels can feel overwhelming. The reality is, however, it’s far easier (and more affordable) than you may think. More importantly, most local businesses are investing very little in digital marketing5 – Companies that move quickly to establish their online presence will find themselves far ahead of the local competition. So where do you start?
3 EASY WAYS TO WIN
- Online Reviews: Not only do most consumers read online reviews before purchasing6, but reviews are also a direct component of Google’s local search ranking7. Quantum knows how valuable reviews are to local businesses. That’s why we provide simple, automated ways to generate 5-star online reviews through our award-winning digital marketing platform.
- Your Website: Most consumers visit a website before walking into a local business8. If your website isn’t regularly attracting and converting visitors, you’re losing revenue. Again, it doesn’t have to be that way. Getting an elegant, modern, high-speed website that converts visitors can be done quickly and cost-effectively. Whether you like it or not, shoppers are checking you out online. What do they see when they visit your site?
- Social Media: You don’t have to be an influencer to generate sales through social channels. Here are a few quick tips:
- Know your audience: Post content that speaks to the specific customer segments you’re targeting.
- Be fun, educational and visual: Occasional sales-focused posts are fine, but people use social media for entertainment. The bulk of your content should be intended to provide entertainment and/or educational value.
Make it easy on your team: Logging into individual social platforms to post and engage followers is exhausting – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Marketing platforms like QmediaTM allow businesses to create, pre-schedule, and auto-post content to multiple social media channels – all from a single dashboard.
If you’re not quite ready to invest in your online presence, you can start by trying out some digital marketing tools. We suggest using QmediaTM free for 30 days.
You may also want to speak with a marketing professional about the specific challenges your business is facing. Grab a cup of coffee with a friend who has marketing expertise, or schedule time to speak with one of Quantum’s in-house marketing experts.
Pandemic-related changes to consumer behavior are here to stay, but local businesses are well-equipped to succeed in this expanded digital environment.